This is true uptown, sadly from what I gather from many of the patients we've had here from india their medical drs. seem to not follow the guidelines and frankly this is why their outcomes have been poor. This is why I suggested he print off the list and wave it at the dr. there is a reason these guidelines exist because they have proven to this point to be the most effective way of treating this cancer. a series of missteps from the beginning (not following the guidelines) can cost the patient valuable time, money and ultimately their lives. Regardless of where you are being treated - whatever country you are in, you should be seeking out the best treatment available to you. I know finances come into play particularly if you pay for your own medical care... it's sad because quality medical care should be the one thing available to all - but ideally when you or a loved one is sick you do whatever you can.

hugs.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan