Apologies if I was not clear. It is under his tongue.

The hospital where we took radiation and chemo was not willing to perform the surgery.Hence We took second opinion from Apollo Cancer Hospital in our city. Initial doctors told that they will do the surgery if its only applicable to do and asked to perform Endoscopy. Endo went okay and they told it may be okay for sugery but further asked to take a PET scan to see if its affected in any other location. We went for a PET and came to know my father also has another small tumour in one of his cheek. Now doctors are saying it is not possible to perform the surgery as it is spread to another location.

Also his initial cancer under the tongue is spread inside to his throat and surgery will be much complicated as they might have to remove the voice box and full tongue making the surgery option unavailable. Now they are suggesting to meet Cheif Chemo doctor and will provide chemo for 8 cycles (one each week) and see how it goes and also will prescribe meds to control the cancer.

Totally Frustrated. Fighting hard to save my Father!!!

Father 62:Non-Smoker/Non Drinker/ Non- Veg/ Carcinoma Tongue / Biopsy 25 May'14 / Radiation+Chemo 25 June till 8 Aug'14 /Next Visit 5 Sept Consultation - Normal / 5 Oct'14 Consultation - Pain and recurrence of small tumour in neck / Re-radiation = NA /