Alpaca, I have a drawer full of various dental appliances that were made for me since my OC diagnosis. I have the usual fluoride trays and I�ve had night guards made, both upper and lower ones.

Because of some on-going issues, a few years ago I had what they referred to as a �splint� made. It was similar to the Invisalign braces and was made to cover all my lower teeth. It was thin and I was able to eat soft foods while wearing it.

Because of radiation, my lower front teeth started to loosen. After trying a few different things and seeing a few different dental professional, it was recommended to have the loose teeth removed. First I had one removed, and my dentist (a prosthodontist) made yet another appliance similar to the Invisalign braces that had a �fake� tooth built in. They did this by filling the gap with a tooth like material. This gave the appearance (at least from a distance) of a real tooth. Later I had the adjacent tooth removed, and my prosthodontist modified the appliance to add a second tooth.

I ultimately had all 4 lower front teeth removed, went through HBO treatment again, and this process took many months. During this time I was able to use the temporary �fake� teeth appliances so as not to go around with missing teeth. When I was healed enough from having the surgery to remove the teeth, my oral surgeon gave the OK to start on the process of having a permanent 10-tooth bridge made, which again took many months.

I was really grateful that my prosthodontist was able to create different �fake� teeth appliances that I would wear during this process. Perhaps that is something your doctors could do?

Susan

SCC R-Lateral tongue, T1N0M0
Age 47 at Dx, non-smoker, casual drinker, HPV-
Surgery: June 2005
RT: Feb-Apr 2006
HBOT: 45 in 2008; 30 in 2013; 30 in 2022 -> Total 105!
Recurrence/Surgeries: Jan & Apr 2010
Biopsy 2/2011: Moderate dysplasia
Surgery 4/2011: Mild dysplasia
Dental issues: 2013-2022 (ORN)