Uptown and Paul, you are very knowledgeable. I've read quite a bit about oral cancer but hardly anything on rads. I saw the RO look at columns of figures when he mulled over how much radiation I'd had on my good side: that must be the map you are talking about.

Just to make life interesting one of my crowned top incisors snapped off at gum level today, so even with my little dental plate in I have an unsightly gap now:(

Have rung hospital and will wait for an appointment. It's on my good side too but closer to the centre. I'm hoping someone can just stick another crown on for now.

Looking into the future though, the plan to make me a better plate will have to be re-examined because it's going to have to cover many more than the four teeth I have on it at the mo.

As far as "grays" go, I was told that we normally have 10 a week so standard six week treatment = 60 grays. That is all I know about it. It's an area I should research more.

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.