Thanks, OzMojo,
He is 39 years old. It has not spread beyond the mouth and neck. They said without surgery, he may only live another two years. They said something about 50% chance of it working. They do seem confident that they can do the surgery. We have seen so many doctors and its only been a few days. He has been in good spirits though. They wanted to do the surgery on Monday 8/25/14 but he doesn't want to do it right away. So we will be doing the surgery sometime after or on 9/11/14. He wants to go home but I'm afraid that if we do he won't want to come back. He keeps saying I only have to years and will you stay with me until I die. I have been reading far too much on the internet. But reading some of the posts on here I feel like I have come to the right place.

Uptown,

Thanks for the wishes and you are probably right about not dwelling on how we got here. Hopefully it all goes well.

Cheryl,
Yes we are in our 30s. I feel angry that we wasted time but with all that has happened in the last couple of days. I think we are going to be ok. He talked a little to me last night. He said he doesn't think its all hit him. He is more worried about his appearance after surgery. But I was worried about his talking and eating. He also said he might just dissappear. I'm sure he got this from smoking and I keep asking him to quit but he says I already have cancer. I don't know if I should just stay quiet. Thanks as well for the wishes.

Well I'm so glad that this place is available to us. I told him about it. He said tell them everything but I think maybe if I can get him to read some of the survivor stories he might feel better about the surgery. I just hope he don't change his mind about the surgery. Thank you all for allowing me to express my feelings and concerns. You give me hope.

He has oral cancer stage IV. Squamous Cell Carcinoma. I don't know if I'm ready for this. Diagnosed on 8/20/2014. I don't know what to do to help him.