So I love the idea of raffling one of these at the walks, and I also love the idea of seeing them be on some programs that people and OCF could chip into to get them in the hands of patients, who might find them out of their range. Note re the costs; there are lots of different models. I have the new 7500, and I love it, but there are a few lower priced models too. People would have a choice. But OCF MIGHT get a small break on these which would benefit the purchaser, and we do need to cover the processing of it all - we don't have a huge staff as you know and processing orders while it is the least expensive person at OCF doing that, still costs money - and If you bought it from us we would get some small percentage back from VitaMIx, more than Amazon gives us perhaps for being a dealer of theirs and as a non-profit charity. The also have certified refurbished ones that have long warranties on them for sale, that for those who were the most price conscious might fit the bill.

This is an American company and an American made product. I personally like the idea of American manufacturing staying alive, and the entire manufacturing world not be transferred overseas. (Sorry that's my red white and blue coming out and we don't talk politics on these boards.) They have the best reputation I have heard of anecdotally for standing behind their products, and seldom charge even shipping for any repairs, their fault or not.

Last edited by Brian Hill; 08-23-2014 03:54 PM.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.