VitaMix has two "cookbooks" that you can get - different models come with a different book. At the end of the day there are thousands of blender recipes on the web, and sites that cater to just coming up with them. There is also a very active PEG tubie (life long users) forum on FB that has individuals in it that have recipes.

For those like me that want to drink it orally, while I try to consider taste since I don't want it to be an unpleasant experience, I have been known to make some pretty nasty tasting, but wildly nutritious things. So I drink for health and pleasure, and then other times I think of it as medicine that I have to take. Weird I know.

Their books are a good place to start, and for convenience there are good recipes out there that have benefits. But when you start to think out of the realm of a single meal replacement idea or a really refreshing and healthy fruit drink, and you delve into the world of complete nutrition, you have to become a bit of a student. Since I enjoy this aspect, I'm a bit more adventurous. I mean when you wonder about what is the nutritional value of a whole avocado PIT ( this thing will turn it into water) you start to blend some pretty weird stuff. (Caveat here, some seeds can be highly toxic and should ot be included in your blending and actually contain the precursor chemicals to making cyanid�) So I wanted to really learn about optimum nutrition and balance the components of it. There are lots of fad books about it that I would not recommend, but the Internet as usual has a mix of crazy shit and serious stuff. But if you take the time to learn you are investing in yourself. You are investing in your health nutritionally which when combined with a modest exercise program pay off big dividends. And in the end you are boosting your immune system. (Disclaimer: while some immune system strength is impacted by nutrition, you can't override your genetic makeup as a person.)

Like Ed Brown, I have some serious crap coming unglued in my body. I have more medical issues from my treatments than most, now 15 years out from treatment protocols that predated IMRT. I'm not bitching, they bought me 15 years. I am in hanging on mode, and every little thing that I can do to stick around a couple more years I am on it. This device is a tool in that armamentarium to accomplish some goals. It isn't going to fix things, it's just with a little extra knowledge, going to not allow other things to pile onto my existing issues. Bottom line, I wish that I had started this in my 20's and 30's long before cancers were part of my vocabulary.

Last edited by Brian Hill; 08-23-2014 03:52 PM.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.