Talim75,

I had the same operation you are going in for May 28th. I had 1/3 of the right side of my tongue removed and reconstructed. Mine tarted very similar to yours and I thought the same that it would go way and waited 4 months before I saw a doctor. I am in week number 5 of radiation and all is well. They took some nodes but I was totally clear but it was deep so as a precaution they suggested radiation. I was in the hospital in San Antonio for 10 days and had the trac and feeding tube but got rid of them when I went home.

Overall it hasn't been unbearable just more irritating. Lost my taste last week which really su--- but they say it comes back. I never had any problem swallowing or eating so I was better then a lot. Haven't lost any weight just some energy although I am still playing golf. They have a new mouthwash that is fantastic and keeps any pain away. I have pain pills but haven't had to use them.

As with. You my health was good although I had a 5 bypass 13 years ago with no problems since. Never even catch a cold. Smoked for 40 years but had quit outside the emergency room 13 years ago. Just keep a positive outlook and you should do fine. Don't fret the hospital as the nurses are dedicated and will help you through it (am prejudice as I am married to a critical care nurse). Please free free to contact me with any questions.