Today is my husbands last radiation/ treatment day!!
Very happy he's done very good side the mucus it's been terrible and still is so I'm hoping that gets better along with his healing time!!
We saw the rads Dr. Yesterday Monday ) and he said the tumor had responded very well to radiation he said it looked amazing in their and the tonsils looked good that was great to hear .. I could not wait to post that he's finished with this step I didn't know coming into this that it would be so hard on him and I both
Next is the getting over this part .. Over the part where he's felt baked from the radiation ,, he can start to rest and focus on getting better even tho we know we still have some time to heal !! It's still great to have this part behind us the two hour drive from home and two hour drive back home (I won't miss at all ) we will come back next week to see the dr . He just wants to see how the neck is healing I'm sure we will still make the drive once a month or sooner till the dr . Fills Larry's ok I'm not sure when the peg! Will come out ? I'm assuming it will be when Larry can swallow foods again he's done so well with swallowing water he's not quit even if it's just a little he is still taking some down .. We're using the peg for fluids and will continue too,, for now,,

Larry ... Rt tonsil / SCC.. HPV16 positive RT oropharynx tonsil) lymph nodes were 13mm left level 2 node / 16mm right level 2 node /12mm right level one node... pet scan was good except tonsil & nodes,, just got peg placed still able to eat/swallow undergoing rads) and chemo. ) 70gy rads..
2chemo.finished rads July 8/2014 CT Scan clear on 8/12 pet scan October-2014-Clear/ left ear tube placement 12-15-2014