I drove myself to and from Moffitt which was an hour minimum each way as I had to go right thru the city of Tampa. Yes it was 85% interstate and yes I was able to do it until my last week of rads BUT my last week of driving convinced me I needed help because not only would I have to pull quickly off the side of the road to toss my cookies but during that last week driving I would go thru a stoplight and then seconds later question myself what color was the light. Scary, not only was I a danger to myself but others and all because I had a chip on my shoulder.

I found the combination of the radiation and that horrible poison Cisplatin to put me in a fog towards the end. I was also very weak. Take advantage of all the people that will step up to help you. Concentrate on the real important task of giving your body every chance you can to deal with this cancer and it's treatment

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.