I'd like to collect some first-hand and anecdotal experiences from you all. I guess what I'm really asking is the meta-question of "how much should I realistically expect to be able to continue with my job?".

I don't have a typical 9-5 sort of job in an office. I'm more of an IT consultant. My company is very small; I'm literally the only field technician we have and I do most of the remote and phone support already. A typical day has me scheduled to visit one or more clients 'on site'. Of course there are urgent emails and phone calls which pull me in to other matters and I try my best to make everyone happy. What can be done remotely is done remotely but I really do a lot of work on location. Putting 300 - 500 miles a week on my car going around the county is the norm.

How much should I reasonably expect to be able to handle after the treatment begins and things get tough and then for the duration? Obviously nothing has happened yet and I know nothing first hand but doctors and you folks are getting me ready for 'the worst'. And then I talk to someone and they relate a story of a friend or loved one or even themselves who 'soldiered through it' and it makes me think 'oh, maybe I'm over reacting'.

Not all treatments and cancers and patient responses are the same obviously. But I'd like to know from the OCF survivors how it was for them and what they would recommend I get prepared for.

Thanks,

Paul

Dx at age 47 (in 2014-06), non-smoker.

2014-06 biopsy confirms SCC in BoT w/ HPV16+, Stage T4aN2M0
main tumor plus 2 nearby lymph nodes; bilateral; no metastasis?

2014-07-01 single molar (#3) extracted

2014-07-21 IMRT (35x) and Cisplatin (3x) have begun

2014-09-05 IMRT and Cisplatin finished! (only had 2x Cisplatin - weeks 1 and 4)

2014-09 to 2014-12 Recovery. I think I can...

2014-12 follow-up PET/CT scan is negative. All clear!

2016-05 all subsequent PET/CTs negative.