Radiation adjustments are common. Mine were adjusted weekly throughout Tx and I hated those days because I was "in mask" for at least 15 minutes longer. These techs work closly with the RO and are trained to do exactly what they do.

Yes the eating, soon to be drinking, is a huge part of this ordeal but he needs to get at least 2500 to 3000 cals EACH and EVERY DAY from now till at least the end of his 1st year post Tx. Soon he may/will migrate to liquids only. Swallowing effeciently will become paramount which means swallowing less but getting the most calories so check out and even order now Boost VHC which delivers a whopping 560 calories in a small 8 oz can. Don't need a prescription but it's not found on regular stores shelves. Check out Amazon via OFC's link or stores like Walgreens, CVS where you must go thru their Pharmacy dept.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.