Foot, toe drop is a symptom, not a disease, of an underlying cause, and periphael neuropathy can be one, and there are many types of periphael neuropathy caused by a number of reasons, some from chemicals, and illnesses, as mentioned, injury, disease, etc, so it's best to see what is the cause, and not saying it will, but neuropathy, if severe enough, can progress and effect the organs.

I can relate to what Bart experienced with what they call glove and stocking syndrome since that is what it's called, and had to wear socks all time, and gloves for a year. I was paralyzed basically from the waist down for 10 months unable to walk, experienced foot drop, toe drop, with no sensation to them, and wasn't even able to stand on my feet. Mine was basically caused by 5 days high dose chemo, Taxotere, Cisplatin and 5-FU, which resulted in septic shock, infections, loss of 110 pounds, and many others, which can also cause neuropathy, but I suspect other causes in addiction, which resulted in optic ishemic neuropathy too causing my eye blindness in one eye, which is more to do with the lack of blood supply to the optic nerve. Anyway, I still have neuropathy in the hands, feet, muscle loss, some paralysis, and unable to move my toes, toe drop, almost 5 years later, but able to walk, although tiring. With the toe, and foot drop, in addition to other problems, I sometimes trip getting out of bed, and the shower not realizing they ate dragging.

Like Bart, I had a number of chrmo/targeted drug treatments with Erbitux and Taxotere again, and Carbopatin all which worsened my neuropathy. Taxotere was eventually stopped, which is one thing that can be done, lower the dose or increase the duration

I haven't investigated fully what happened, been busy lol, but the direct cause is difficult to find out if you have multiple causes or underlying conditions since many can cause it, I had nerve conduction tests, which showed what I already knew lol, I have nerve damage, and went to physical therapy a number of times, and going to start again next week after falling, and take Lyrica now after I took Gabapentin. It somewhat helps, and found no relief with any vitamins. I called an acupuncturist I saw years before, who said if it is treated before it's permanent, it may be of help, but was already dealing with it for a year then, so I never went. Biofeedback is another that may help.

Here is some information on the Management and Treatment of Chemo Induced Peripheral Neuropathy, CIPN, but rather long, if anyone cares to read.

http://jco.ascopubs.org/content/early/2014/04/09/JCO.2013.54.0914.full.pdf

Good luck, and I hope this helps.

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph