I kind of have a similar problem, at Christmas time I said to my mum something is not right in my throat I think I have throat cancer or something. Anyway I finally went to the gp and they referred me for a ct scan, had that and found a swelling on the bot, so then I had to have a barium swallow, which showed the swelling again, they called it a mass in the results. Then I had to have a thyroid scan because I had my thyroid removed when I was 17 and the ent thought it was a leftover piece of thyroid. It wasnt so I finally got a biopsy done and it said it was all clear, but they didn't test it for HPV. So last week I had my second Ct scan and the lump is still the same size but they mentioned nodes in my neck. The ENT thinks its nothing and doesn't seem to care that I'm having trouble with my breathing. I went and saw my gp and he is going to refer to a dr in Sydney so I'm quite happy about that.. I jut wanted to let you know you aren't alone in your worries jj

Ct scan showed lesion on BOT 30/12/13, barium swallow showed mass on BOT 10/1/14, thyroid scan ruled out lingual thyroid 14/2/14, biopsy on BOT 20/2/14, biopsy all clear diagnosed lingual tonsil lymphoid hytrophy. Did not test for HPV. 29/4/14 CT scan on chest and neck, lesion or mass on BOT not changed. 2 nodes 7mm noticed on left neck, 1 tiny node 3mm on chest was noted.