Good Morning,

I am a Inflammatory Breast Cancer survivor of three years and recently received the results of CT Scan, 2 biopsies and a PET scan that followed a swollen lymph node that remained enlarged for two months following a sinus infection and two rounds of antibiotics. The left node is located on the left side of my neck by the ear and jaw bone. The first biopsy was inconclusive, second biopsy indicated "a well differentiated keratinizing squamous cell carcinoma is favored". PET scan states the following:
Asymmetric increased metabolic activity within the left palatine tonsil/glossotonsillar sulcus region...w/maximal SUV of 10. Increased metabolic activity associated with enlarged low density lymph node behind the left submandibular gland measuring 1.9 cm in diameter with maximal SUV of 7.2. Increased metabolic activity associated with enlarged lymph node within the left side of the neck deep to the anterior margin of upper part of the left sternocleidomastoid muscle where there is a 1.6 cm lymph node with maximal SUV of 7.7. IMPRESSION: increased metabolic activity in the left glossotonsillar sulcus/palatine tonsillar region with metastatic left cervical lymph nodes (level 2). No abnormal FDG in chest, abdomen, pelvis

I know this is cancer and I will be seeing my oncologist and the ENT early next week but could someone prepare me for what I MIGHT be told? I have read and read on the internet and I am so glad I found this forum. Thank you for any help or advice you can give me prior to my appointment.

Wendy in Florida

WVS