Unfortunately, Jen passed away on the 29th of January 2014 with family and loved ones by her side.

It has taken some time for me to find the courage to update the board and let everyone know that this disease is a killer and I hope that more research and funding goes into preventing future cases like ours.

Seeing someone as active an full of life such as Jen to someone in such agony towards the final months was heartbreaking to say the least but I find strength in knowing she is in a better place now and I have no option but to keep strong for our 19 month old son - Hunter.

I thank everyone on this board for their invaluable support and contributions over the past 2 years as it has been used as a trusted resource time and time again when making the right decisions for my wife.

Hopefully, my posts and comments provided here will give others guidance and some insight which may be beneficial in their fight against cancer as well and I wish everyone good health and the very best throughout this difficult journey.

Kindest Regards,
Jay & Hunter

6/8/12: Wife 33y/o with no risk dx with Stage IVa SCC L of Tongue(T4aN2bM0)
3/9/12: Induced birth @ 36 weeks - Baby Hunter!
11/9/12: OP - 3/4 Partial Gloss, Radical ND & Tongue Rec.
24/10/12: 33xRad + 7xChemo
7/12/12: Tx complete
21/3/13 & 21/6/13: NED
24/7/13: SCC in Lungs - OP: Lobectomy (VATS)
29/1/14 passed away