Actually, that's horrid. I am glad you found humor in it, but there are more tactful ways to say it. One thing about this disease - if you are timid, and anxious by nature, fighting it will be a true test of your stamina and mental endurance.

The reality is - he's not far off the mark, but there are things he can do as a physician that will make things easier. The treatment and the fear of just the word cancer are hard enough of a battle without him making it worse via a blase attitude. I think if it were me - I would definitely be seeking a different dr. I don't expect hand holding - and to me his skill as a dr. far outweighs a bedside manner - however, unless he does this all the time - (I mean specifically an ENT/Surgical oncologist at a renowned cancer institute considered to be at the top of his game) his bedside manner wouldn't be worth putting up with.

The one thing I do have to say... time is of the essence here, so a quick surgery date is best. Hugs and good luck tomorrow.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan