Hi Kfisher and welcome to our family!

I understand your fear, it's quite natual, however it should be relatively easy to control if you try.

First, let's start with the worst of the news, you have cancer. Fortunately, you caught it at stage 1 and are young and resilient. This means that your case should be fairly easy to treat, and almost surely means that you will come through this with flying colors. Don't spend any time trying to find descriptions of the treatments, you will learn all that when the time is at hand, and that's plenty soon enough.

The best part is that stage 1 is usually quite curable. Focus on this fact for the present, you are among the group with the highest probability for a complete cure! Not all of us are in that group, I am not.

So you've got a curable condition. Now the treatments are not going to be pleasant, but whatever they might be or might not be, they will have a definite start, and a definite end; and once behind you, they will only be a memory!

Fear of the unknown is what's plaguing you at the moment, and that fear is always worse than the reality. If you click on the link at the top of my signature block and read my own intro, you will see that I'm not exaggerating when I say that.

I'll quit now but others will be along to add a lot of other useful information for you!

Again, Welcome to the family!

Bart

My intro: http://oralcancersupport.org/forums/ubbt...3644#Post163644

09/09 - Dx OC Stg IV
10/09 - Chemo/3 Cisplatin, 40 rad
11/09 - PET CLEAN
07/11 - Dx Stage IV C. (Liver)
06/12 - PET CLEAN
09/12 - PET Dist Met (Liver)
04/13 - PET CLEAN
06/13 - PET Dist Met (Liver + 1 lymph node)
10/13 - PET - Xeloda ineffective
11/13 - Liver packed w/ SIRI-Spheres
02/14 - PET - Siri-Spheres effective, 4cm tumor in lymph-node
03/15 - Begin 15 Rads
03/24 - Final Rad! Woot!
7/27/14 Bart passed away. RIP!