Welcome Katherine,

I'm fairly new to this forum as well, but it seems like a great group of folks and sharing your fears with people who've walked in your shoes will definitely help ease your mind. Waiting for test results has always been the worst part for me because I'm always thinking of the "what ifs." Just take a deep breath and focus on the things you can control (easier said than done right?).

I was 28 when I was suffering from a constant sore throat. I glanced in the back of my throat and, "huh, that's funny...my left tonsil appears to be covering half my throat up..." I went to an ENT (after figuring out what ENT stood for), and he said, "huh, that's funny...your left tonsil appears to be covering half your throat up..." He told me it was probably nothing; put me on prednisone and antibiotics (just like with you). The enormous tonsil was still there after a few weeks and I had it biopsied. It was stage 2 non-hodgkins lymphoma. Like you, I never smoked, never did drugs, wasn't a heavy drinker. But my brother died of lymphoma; guess it's in our genes. Long story short, I caught the cancer early and I'm still in remission, 10+ years later.

So you've caught it even earlier. I know you don't have the same cancer I had, but you can beat this thing!! Like I said, just focus on what you have control over. And listen to Bart! Have you read that guy's history?!? Shot at, declared DOA after an airborne car crash, not to mention all the chemo and radiation. I think he's some kinda cyborg. :-)

Brian Liebenow, Stage 2 NHL survivor (left tonsil), I eat everything through a PEG tube. http://travelingtubie.blogspot.com/2013/04/why-i-tubie.html
11/03 - started CHOP chemo
12/03 - remission
1/04 - finished chemo
4/04 - started 25 rads to make sure they got all the cancer
5/04 - stopped rads after 20 due to severe reaction to radiation
5/05 - began seeing damaging effects of radiation
7/08 - PEG
4/09 - 5th unsuccessful jaw surgery

Smile!! Laughter is the best medicine!