I have not had some of the challenges you MIGHT be facing, but I can speak (pun intended) to not being able to speak well. I have about 1/8th of my tongue and my speech is somewhere between that of a hearing impaired person and someone who has had a stroke. In spite of this, I continue to try to speak regularly. I think you will find that there are some who will understand you fairly easily and those who cannot. I very much appreciate the extra efforts others make to understand. You get through. When your doctors are telling you all of the side effects, they are required to tell you about them all, regardless of which will probably apply to you.

Good luck, and hugs

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)