Thanks, Christine! You are an inspiration to all of us. I am in a handbell choir at church and the director called me this afternoon. I told her that I might be back to bell choir eventually, since I don't need to speak to play the handbells...I just ring! She said that they would keep my bell warm for me. I had been planning to stay home from my Kiwanis meeting tomorrow night, but I have rethought that. I think that I will keep going to the meetings at least until they schedule my surgery. Thanks again for your words of wisdom.

P.S. Congrats on being a new grandmother. Grandchildren are the best! Little Madeline Rose will join her 3-year-old brother Alexander on April 19.

Last edited by zengalib; 03-10-2014 05:10 PM.

Female, nonsmoker, 70, diag. 5/09 after tongue biopsy: stage IV. Left hemi-gloss. and left selec. neck disec. 30 lymph nodes removed May 20. Over 7 weeks daily rads. with three chemo. PEG removed 12/4/09 Am eating mostly soft foods. Back to work 11/09 Retired 4/1/11. 7 clear scans! Port out 9/11. 2/13. It's back: base of tongue, very invasive
surgery involving lifestyle changes. 2/14: Now speaking w/Passey-Muir valve. Considering a swallow study. Grateful to be alive.