Hello and i need some advice. 3 weeks ago I had surgery to remove a tumor on my tongue due to the HPV virus and i also had one Lymph Node remove from my neck. My surgeon, stated that my operation was perfect and his quest to find positive margins around the areas of operation was all negative. With that he said that if i was at a more cancer progressive hospital " they would say no radiation is needed". Two weeks later my case was presented to the Tumor review board and now they are asking me to consult with a radiation doctor because my Lymph Node had cancer. What should i do? Also my surgeon also said that if i take radiation that i will have a 10% chance of this coming back to me, but if i don't it would be a 16% chance. i really don't wish to experience the terrible side affects with the RT sessions. i need to swallow and speak and on top of this i accepted an offer for another job and this may prevent me from making this change. i am worried but feel pretty good after three weeks since my operation.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks Bruce

Bruce