Wow Tom - I don't even know how to respond to such a bizarre set of events. Like you, cancer made me think about my life and try to do a better job of telling my loved ones what they mean to me. But, also like you, I always had the element of time on my side as even if cancer causes my death, it won't be today or tomorrow.

And then something like this comes along and upends all our best laid plans. Without a doubt, the most important thing for any of us to say right now is thank goodness you are still with us. Thank goodness Life Flight was available and close enough by to be of assistance. Thank goodness the right doctors and nurses were available in Las Vegas at the minute they were needed. Thank goodness that doctor tried one more time to get the breathing tube down your throat.

So we have things to be thankful for too. Maybe the best Christmas present I bestow this year is to be able to tell you ... Merry Christmas, and you to be able to hear it.

Tony

P.S. I think I might change cardiologists.

Last edited by n74tg; 12-23-2013 12:26 PM.

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good