My-husband-had-his-20-month-post-treatment-CT-scan-this-week.Met-with-the-chemo-doctor,everything-looked-great.Next-day-met-with-the-ENT-and-he-said-there-was-a-.8x.4cm-lateral-lesion-along-the-right-lateral-wall-of-the-trachea-at-T3-vertebra-level.He-said-they-would-be-bringing-it-up-at-the-tumor-board-yesterday.

Received-the-call-from-the-nurse-and-they-want-to-do-a-biopsy.Only-avaialable-date-is-day-after-Christmas-or-January-20th.I-said-noon-after-Christmas-would-work.

Next,I-come-downstairs-and-my-husband-asks-what-they-said.I-hope-I-did-the-right-thing.I-LIED!!There-is-no-way-I-am-ruining-his-Christmas.The-kids-are-all-here-and-the-relief-on-his-face-showed-me-I-made-the-right-choice.

Now-the-problem,when-the-scheduling-nurse-called-back-she-said-surgery-at-7:30-and-be-there-at-5:30.We-are-3-hours-away-so-with-the-chance-of-bad-weather-this-means-leaving-the-night-before(Christmas-Day.So-with-all-the-family-still-here-I-will-have-to-tell-him-by-5-so-we-can-pack-and-make-it-to-the-Hope-Lodge-before-curfew-at-10.

OK,caregivers-and-patients,did-I-make-the-right-decision.There-is-no-way-I-could-wait-a-month-for-a-biospy.I-can't-talk-to-the-kids-or-my-parents,don't-want-to-ruin-the-next-few-days.

I-am-praying-this-will-be-nothing.I-am-optimistic,first-time-2-years-ago-I-was-very-optimistic-until-they-said-cancer-and-I-had-to-apologize-to-my-husband-for-not-taking-believing-it-could-be-something-serious.

Just-something-they-need-to-look-at-since-the-ENT-could-not-see-it-during-the-scope.He-is-doing-too-well-to-be-getting-sick-again.Crazy-thing-is-it-was-there-6-months-ago-on-the-scan-and-never-mentioned-or-checked.They-did-say-it-was-a-little-bigger-6-months-ago-least-it-has-not-grown.

Thanks-for-letting-me-vent.I-am-the-type-that-tends-to-talk-things-out-to-no-end-when-dealing-with-frustrations.Now-I-can't-say-a-word-and-am-dreading-telling-him-Christmas-afternoon.

Yep,I-KNOW-it's-not-cancer-till-they-say-it-is-but-try-telling-my-husband-that!!

Paul,or-anyone-else?Any-idea-what-the-nodule-on-the-trachea-could-be?His-original-cancer-was-of-the-right-vocal-cord-so-is-that-area-close.Hopefully-side-effect-from-radiation.

Sorry-about-the-dashes-between-words.My-space-key-quit-working.Maybe-my-ex-GEEK-Squad-son-will-be-able-to-fix-it.

Husband diagnosed Oct '11 Cancer of the vocal cord Nov '11 removed right vocal cord. Neck Dissection, cancer in one node, .2, very small & contained) Jan '12 Radiation and Cisplatin, 6 doses. June '12 & Dec '12 clear Pet scan. April '13 Celebrating 1 year cancer free since treatment ended.