Thanks Cheryld I was taking the opportunity to respond to an open invitation to query end of life scenarios.) I do have a caregiver (I was widowed - first wife lung cancer - but remarried 5 yrs ago). I have the overnight 1 litre feed via pump and top up via peg during the day with Irish coffee (yes with whisky), ensure+raw egg, prune juice, smoothies etc etc and keep an eye on my weight - muscles migrating to the waistline LOL. My first life changing "terminal" cancer was 50 years ago - this oral one is only 10 years old but now active again. I only have it in the throat nowhere else. I do miss the bouche (mouth feel) of good meals and of course the taste and texture of beer ! Very hard as a gourmet chef and foodie :-(
OK no complaints it was just an idle query - every day is still a good day of course ! :-)

I do have a complaint tho as an after thought - because of the growth I can no longer use my nu-voi (speech aide) so am now totally mute - just in case you thought my life was perfect :-)

Last edited by mikejwoodnz; 11-19-2013 09:15 PM.

Osteosarcoma radiotherapy right forequarter amputation 1961
Carcinoma of Right Larynx with subglottic extension
Total laryngectomy with right radical neck dissection 2000
Tracheostomy
Radiotherapy June-July 2001
Aggressive recurrence of the same May 2013
Neck Fistulas June 2013
P.E.G July 2013
Mi-key Oct 2013
Currently Chemo was : XELODA (Capecitabine) Now Carboplatin and now Gemcitabine !