It's been 7+ years since Paul finished Tx and was told he was "cancer-free" His life has been so much better in so many ways. He has a beautiful and loving girlfriend by his side and the love they share warms my heart every time I see them. Of course, every time something comes up health-wise, I go into the caregiver stress mode, trying not to think about cancer, but it is difficult. Paul turned 40 this year, and has been seeing doctors re sleep problems, high blood pressure, low testosterone, feeling tired and although he has managed to lose weight, he still needs to lose a little more. I've wondered whether the Rad Tx is still affecting him somehow? He's had a sleep test recently (woke up 31 times) and another one was scheduled for last night. He also has an MRI scheduled for today at 10:45am. Paul said they were looking for "tumors or aliens" in the brain. His girlfriend will be going with him for the MRI and I'll be picking up his daughter after school. I'm kind of standing by in case I'm needed and trying not to appear anxious. Does an MRI look for (or discover) other less serious things besides cancer? I guess I am looking for something positive to hang on to and keep calm.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)