First off, A very big thank you to everyone responding. Just knowing that others have come through this is a huge help for my sanity and in turn, my wife's sanity.

We just got back from my appointment at University Hospital and I was very impressed with everything and all the staff there.

The doctors said they saw a few nodes that looked suspicious to them so they are putting me at Stage 2 right now but say it may go up to Stage 3 once they get a better look at the nodes. We scheduled my surgery for 8/20/13 which will include a partial glossectomy with reconstruction from either wrist or back of arm, then from thigh to cover that. They will also be doing a right side neck dissection to check nodes, and will be doing a temporary tracheotomy and PEG to help take pressure away from my face as it heals. After surgery is when we will be discussing possible radiation.

Thanks again to everyone for your help. I'll be sure to keep updating as I get more info, or asking as I need more help. It still amazes me that a trauma in common can bring strangers together like this. You guys rock!!!

Dan

Stage 4 SCC on right underside of tongue

DX on 7/19/13 at age 29, no tobacco, light drinking

Partial Glossectomy/reconstruction/neck disection 8/20/13
Temp Trach, PEG tube

4/59 lymph nodes cancerous, 1 with extracapsular extension

Chemo - Cisplatin - 3 treatments started on 10/01/13
Radiation - 33 treatments started on 10/02/13