Pamela, thank you for the very detailed update. It sure helps for me to know that there are going to be other possible routes that we can go down. Right now, John is still waiting for an appointment for his x-ray. His doctor is a gastroenterologist and a professor at the University of Toronto. Hopefully, he is aware of the latest developments in medical technology. I can see that it is a long road. Even if he can swallow again, it will take him a long time to get back to what he could eat before his TX.

I have spoken to him about educating our friends and telling them that socializing with them can no longer be food-focused, at least for the time being. People who have not been through the ordeal tend to think that once John has had a dilation, he will be the same as before.

When I spoke to one of our friends about this, she said, what do you mean, that we should now go to the movies instead� People can be deliberately obtuse like that. I persisted and explained again how so much of our culture is built around eating and drinking, etc, etc. It probably was not necessary, but I did it to show her that it really be no laughing matter for those of us who are going through it.

Please continue to update and I will do, too.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.