Hi Mel,

Don't worry so much. You sound similar to my case. I had a primary at BOT and regional metastatic lymph nodes, how many I never new the exact count but it must have been several just the way they say multiple.

Good you are HPV+ as current chemo-radio therapies do work well on these cancers.

I had induction chemotherapy. Used a combination of cisplatin, taxotere, and 5FU. These three together offer the biggest whopper of a chemo dose there is and you will hurt.
However, it is VERY effective at treating the cancer. My final report's impression stated that there was complete or near complete resolution meaning all the cancer had been dissolved.

There are three rounds. Even a few days after round one I noticed a physical reduction in the neck nodes. Second and third rounds also I saw more reduction. By end of third round there was zero indication of any swollen nodes.

After the induction chemo, I had current chemo-radiation therapy which consisted of 35 (2gy) sessions for a total of 70 grays of radiation. I also had 6 weeks of chemo - carboplatin delivered at a low dose but effective as a radio-synthesizer for the radiation.

I am just 10 days post tx and I am feeling amazingly well so hang in there.

Don
Male, 57 - Great health except C
Dec '12
DX: BOT SCC T2N2bMx, Stage 4a, HPV+, multiple nodes
1 tooth out
Jan '13
2nd tooth out
Tumor Board -induction TPF (3 cycles), seq CRT
4-6/2013
CRT 70gr 2x35, weekly carbo150
ended 5/29,6/4
All the details, join at http://beatdown.cognacom.com