Hi again,

I know it wasn't your intention to scare me at all. I would print a bunch of stuff off and show her, but my printer's decided it won't work right now, and I don't think she listen anymore anyway.

It's great that we have practically free health care, just not so great that the people who are I charge of the systems, are that great at their jobs. In the end it always comes down to money.

I completely agree that doctors need to learn to stop just looking at people with high risk factors, and those who fit into a normal demographic, as they are NOT the only ones who can get cancer.

Whilst it's not something I ever want to be told of course, I'm not quite as scared of being told I have cancer, but more because it's oral cancer and looking at the 5 year (or even 1 and 3) prognosis percentages online; it's so low. I think the fact that I could have something that has a high chance of ending my life in under 5 years, absolutely petrifies me. I know in jumping the gun a little, and I'm sure there are many people who have had some form of oral cancer and are still alive 5+ years, it's just so much easier to focus on the negatives rather than the positives.

The things your own body can do to you, both mentally and physically is terrifying.

Last edited by Jade5792; 06-05-2013 01:50 PM.

No diagnosis as of yet. 20 year old female, do not smoke or chew, very very rarely drink and then only in extreme moderation, HPV-.