Thanks, Leslie! I made copies of both, the NY Times post and the BMJ study. There was also a link from the NY Times story about studies which counter the notion that the vaccine alters sexual behavior. Since I first posted, with the info from OCF and several other science-based sites, I've put together quite a collection of pro-Gardasil information. Just yesterday I sent an email to the "friend" I mentioned earlier that included a two-page attachment of all the important links for her to consider in making a decision. She and her daughter are very important to me and I cannot make decisions for anyone but myself. But, if I can provide correct medical information to counter what all the anti-vaccine people are spreading, I will feel better about perhaps helping someone to avoid what my son Paul went through in surviving his oral cancer. Thank you OCF and everyone who helped me do that!

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)