I don't know all of the details of my doctor's study, but I am sure when he is done with it, it will be released and researched to the max. Generally, doctor's in the field don't release studies without a painstaking effort to insure the accuracy of the data and results. Don't know when he will release, but will keep you all informed as he mentions it to me. As to vitamins, I used multi, C, E, and aspirin treatments for the last 25 years. Don't think vitamins are a contributor to cancer anymore than steaks and seafood are. Natural vitamins are generally derived from food, such as soy beans and other basic foods. I'm certainly not an expert, but am sure my cancer was from tobacco and alcohol use with a possible contributing factor of lack of rest. I've heard some stories that sleep deprivation can be a contributing factor to cancer. Don't think that is a formal study, just a supposition as the mouthwash theory is. As far as the age of the patients, I don't really know, only that all of the head and neck patients over the last two years are in the data base and I know there is a mix of ages in that time period as I have seen a number of the patients during my treatments. The doctor just mentioned in passing what was happening with his study and I thought the mouthwash thing was interesting. Didn't realize it was an old theory with a history. We'll just have to wait and see what the official study has to say. And I have no idea when that will be. But as I mentioned, I'll keep my ears open and update the board as time goes on.

Regards, Kirk Georgia
Stage IV, T1N2aM0, right tonsil primary, Tonsilectomy 11/03, 35 rad/3cisplatin chemo, right neck dissection 1/04 - 5/04.