Stacey

I'll let David deal with HPV as he is one of our experts
As for TSH, it's Thyroid Stimulating Hormones The Blood test for TSH can be done with the other blood test, all the doctor has to do is checking off two blocks on the blood test request: 866X- T4 Free, Non Dialysis and 899X- TSH.

I'm a bit of a nag on this issue because I got caught up in it.
If your husband does not have the actual TSH numbers from these tests , now, before finishing the radiation, even the smartest doctors in the world will just be guessing on what it should be. Why? The "normal " range is from 0.5 to 4.9 in some labs, and many endocronologists think 3.0 should be the highest. That wide range is meaningless for an individual, it's like saying normal weight for your height is between 100 and 200 pounds or maybe 250. Each weight can be normal for a thin ultra marathoner, or a burly football linepacker but not one for the other. So if the doctor says normal, it's meaningless to the individual if he does not have a pre radiation baseline.
If he gets his numbers now, then after radiation, they can check and see if his numbers are higher (which often happens and can be fixed with a pill)
So much information, so much worry, I am so sorry that you had to find this forum and that you are suffering through this. I know how hard this I found it and how hard it was on my wife.
This is a good place with good people, Welcome
Charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 12-10-2012 06:16 PM. Reason: typos

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13