Thanks Ane-Marie,

I'm pretty sure both of our daughters will be there for the duration of the surgery. We were all together during Reggie's laryngectomy which was a 13 hour surgery and a couple of hours waiting for him to get settled in ICU. We will probably do what we did last time. Have some breakfast and then walk around San Francisco for awhile. It's close to Christmas this year so shopping is always an option. But I know last time I spent the first 2 days in the ICU with Reg. The staff was very generous and let me sit with him the whole time. So those hours will wane with nothing to do. I will take my crotcheting and I ordered some books from Amazon today. Plus my laptop will be with me so I can always jump online. Thankfully the hospital is only 5 blocks from my hotel room, but even that is too far in those first 48 hours when things are really critical. I'll pack my toothbrush and my teddy bear and will be there for the duration. When we were there last time the nurses even let me shower in the patient shower room. They really were quite remarkable. My youngest daughter lives in the east bay of San Francisco so she will come often. Our oldest daughter must return to Visalia and work. This a very busyy time for her as they are gearing up for tax season. I'll get through just need some things to keep my mind busy.

Bette/CG to husband Reggie 66

dx 1: SCC Soft Palate (12/06)
tx: chemo and rad

dx 2: SCC 6 cm tum rt. vocal chord (12/09)
tx: total laryngectomy with stoma, 2 nodes

dx 3: SCC 4 cm tum BOT (10/16/12)
Tx: partial gloss w/ mod deck dis 4 nodes incl. part. pharyngectomy