Hi Michele,
First of all I see they opened the new highway down there! WOW what a toll they are charging (My wife is from San Antonio and we lived in Marion for some time).
Everything that Christine said you can take to the bank, just don't let him quit no matter how tough it gets. If he won't or can't motivate himself you must keep him going.
I ended up burnt, exhausted, losing weight like crazy (Would wear sweats to treatment and put stuff in my pockets to try and inflate my weight; like that was going to work), felt like I would never catch the end of that ride, and when I couldn't seem to get through it my wife and family pushed!
I ended up sleeping with several pillows propping me up or in the recliner. We also kept a humidifier going which seemed to help some.
Hydration is HUGE and yes, as Christine stated, I visited the Chemo ward two to three times a week just for hydration through my port.
He HAS TO finish! He's came so far, just keep preaching that, even to yourself. There's light at the end and everyone on this board is here for you.
Warm Regards and prayers,
Steve

SCC right side BOT/FOM; DX 1-25-06; Neck dissection/25% of tongue removed 2-17-06. Stage 2 Recurrence 7-06: IMRTX35 & 3X Cisplatin ended 10-18-06. Tumor found 03/18/13; Partial Glossectomy 03/28/13 left lateral tongue. Nov. 2014; headaches,lump on left side of throat. Radical Neck Dissection 12-17-14; Tumor into nerves/jugular; Surgery successful, IMRTX30 & 7X Erbotux. Scan 06-03-15; NED! 06-02-16; Mets to left Humerus bone and lesion on lungs-here We go again! Never, Ever Give Up!

**** PASSED AWAY 10/8/16 ****