Hello, my name is Michele. My husband Tim was diagnosed with Oral Cancer 6/2012. His mouth didn't even start hurting until the 1st part of May. It has been a Nightmare of a Roller Coaster since then. I don't know all the rules of abbreviations yet, but here is some info about Tim's Cancer & Treatment: DX SCC 6/12, Stage 4- right side base of Tongue/Floor of Mouth: Floor of Mouth & 50% of Tongue removed w/Flap & Full Neck Dissection 7-18-12: Trek, Peg, & Port: RT 25X of33 w/Chemo 10X Cisplatin/Taxol). He has gone through 25 of 33 RT, but took 1 1/2 weeks off because of health side effects that both RT & Chemo Drs. agreed on. Now, he doesn't want to continue the 8 RTs of 33...We are worried if this is ok.
He has or had-
Constant Chronic Pain: Increased to Fentanyl Patches (150 mcg) and Deladid liquid. Morphine would not work.
Mucositis, Thrush, Choking, No Sleep because of choking: Carafate, Musinex with- 400Guaifenesin and Diflucan.
Nausea: Promethazine and Ondansetron
Bad Infection in Neck Dissection re-opening because of RT: 2 Antibiotics
Severe Blisters inside mouth and lips: MuGard(the only thing that has stopped the mouth sores), Triple Mix, and Baking Soda Mix
Outer Skin Burns and Blisters on face, neck, and chest: Silver Sulfadiazine and XClair
White and Red Blood counts are way off and he couldn�t do Chemo yesterday: Leukin and Iron shots 3 times a week now to stimulate blood counts, bone marrow, and hopefully build up immune system...also taking in allot of Power-Aid with Sodium and all other good stuff through Peg. If this doesn�t work by next week, then he will have to get a blood transfusion.
I have been blessed to find this Web-site to read since the first part of Tim's Cancer and throughout all Treatments. It has been so helpful. I would love to have any input. Thank you......

Michele
CG to Tim (both 54)= DX SCC 6/12, Stage 4- right base of Tongue/Floor of Mouth: Floor of Mouth & 50% of Tongue removed w/Flap & Full Neck Dissection 7-18-12: Peg, Port: RT 25X of33 w/Chemo 10X Cisplatin/Taxol)