Oh Michelle, I know that this is a very difficult road for you both.
I too am caregiver to my husband. I must agree with Kelly and Christine. Tim just has to complete his radiotherapy. This is the part of treatment that will kill the cancer cells. He can do without the final chemo as this is only a very small component of the treatment - it only adds about a 10% increase to chances of surviving. Many people do not complete the chemo due to low white cell counts in the blood. Kris only had 2 of his 3 scheduled Cisplatin doses. (Studies have shown no difference in outcomes between those who do 2 versus 3 doses of Cisplatin ).You really do not want to join the reoccurrance club.
Kris had a reoccurrence in February this year. When the Head and neck cancer team told him that his only option for surviving was a total glossectomy and laryngectomy he too said "No Way. I'm not doing that". It took me a lot of encouraging and cajoling and explaining that WE could do this together , before he agreed to this life changing treatment. Lots of love too. I am a firm believer in family love to get patients through. He needs to know that this affects you too. What happens to him , happens to you too. I told this to Kris often, and it's true. His cancer has happened to me. I have lived with this too. I have coped with it all. To be honest, I don't think Kris could have done this without me. Your Tim needs you to make him do this. It is not ok not to.
I'm trying to ensure you know how important you are in all this. You must now ensure he does agree to finish his radiotherapy. It is imperative for his survival.
Best wishes to you both. keep us posted.
Tammy

Caregiver/advocate to Husband Kris age 59@ diagnosis
DX Dec '10 SCC BOT T4aN2bM0 HPV+ve.Cisplatin x3 35 IMRT.
PET 6/11 clear.
R) level 2-4 neck dissection 8/1/11 to remove residual node - necrotic with NED
Feb '12 Ca back.. 3/8/12 total glossectomy/laryngectomy/bilat neck dissection/partial pharyngectomy etc. clear margins. All nodes negative for disease. PEG in.
March 2017 - 5 years disease free. Woohoo!