Thank you for the info on the chemical risks Charm. I figured some smart person on here would already know the answer.

Re: the info on the "primer", good lord what have I started! Your "engine tuning" instructions are quite entertaining, particularly those for us women...you have cracked me up...:)

P.S. I reached out tonight by email to the wife of the local couple I referenced earlier, got some info back. I don't know them well, but they heard about my husband, and all things being a small town, reached out to offer support, very nice people. She clarified their situation; he had cancer in '96, hers was in '02. Both non-smokers, only sexual partners each other have ever had. The HPV link wasn't as known back when they were being treated. That said, she's recently gotten curious, will be going back to her records to see if the tumor was HPV tested. To her knowledge, they are the only couple who have both had the same cancer. The only other family ties she's aware of is a mother and son in Georgia.

wife/caregiver to Vince, dx 4/12 Stage IV BOT HPV+ SCC, poorly diff.; T4N2cMo; U of C; Clinical trial, Everolimus; 6 wks ind. chemo (Cetuximab, Cisplatin & Taxol), 50 x IMRT, 75 gy chemorad w/5FU, Hydrea & Taxol; 5 years out, thankfully still NED