Ana

Wow, we had no such restrictions from our doctors. Whew, I'm glad your question is just about sex and not HPV issues since the safety of sex after cancer is pretty straightforward.
My understanding was : Don't swallow or swap any bodily fluids from the chemo patient for about 2 to 5 days after treatment. It's important to remember that there are two totally different elimination rates of chemo: first the actual drug through the kidneys, usually between 48 to 60 hours, then second, for platinum at least, the persistence in blood plasma for much longer but not relevant unless you are into Twilight or True Blood Vampire sex. Sometimes what doctors and institutions don't say is just as important as what they do say. Take a look at this National Cancer Institute piece on sex after TX. Not one word about danger . NCI Sex after TX You can also do a basic Google search and discover that everybody from the Mayo Clinic to Yahoo Answers point out the problem is that more guys and gals fall into Vince's experience than David's. (Our resident superstud) By the time most guys and gals are feeling up to it, there's no danger at all.
Very similar to heart disease.

Myself, my libido starts dropping midway thru TX, plumments immediately after and then comes back slowly but surely,
Charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 10-06-2012 03:42 PM. Reason: typos

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13