Ok David, Vince tolerated treatment extremely well, however in this dept, hats off to you! Not to be too indelicate here, but the main body functions we were able to keep going were Vince's eating and pooping, that took all of his energy.

My question about sex was actually not a concern about HPV risks. Early on after diagnosis, the med onc went out of his way to impress upon us that the great majority of adults (80% +) have HPV at some point in their lives. If you're sexually active, the assumption is you've been exposed. He also said that they have no idea why in a very small number of folks, it turns into cancer and that the cancer could have come from an exposure that happened decades ago, in V's teens.

My quesiton was more a treatment related concern about the toxins pumped into my poor husband's body during 600 + hours of chemo, plus contrast from scans, etc. They had us take precautions (i.e. nobody else use his toilet, double flush toilet) We simply assumed that it must take some time for the chemicals to clear from his system, but had no idea how long that was....a week? a month? longer?

wife/caregiver to Vince, dx 4/12 Stage IV BOT HPV+ SCC, poorly diff.; T4N2cMo; U of C; Clinical trial, Everolimus; 6 wks ind. chemo (Cetuximab, Cisplatin & Taxol), 50 x IMRT, 75 gy chemorad w/5FU, Hydrea & Taxol; 5 years out, thankfully still NED