[quote=Cheryld]Hi there Ina... It would be unusual for the nodules in her lungs (the flecks. That are too small to biopsy) to be cancer - particularly if there is no nodal involvement . 80 % of the population has flecks - it could be environmental crap. My RO scared the poop out of me (actually his med student assistant) read a scan that said insignificant specks in my lungs and after almost having a nervous breakdown - and having talked to two RO's I was told it was likely environmental junk we all have it. My lungs are clear and continue to be. (my family dr. Read the same report that said it was nothing.) but I was nervous aout this for a year! Until my dr. Actually read the report to me.

Radiation and chemo should help. A lot of drs make the mistake of thinking they got it all only to find they didn't - proactive drs. Do the chemo and rads following surgery - especially if there is perineural involvement,

Best of luck to your mother in law. And many blessings. [/quote]

We just spoke to my father-in-law and he explained to us everything: My mother-in-law's cancer is as follows: squamous cell carcinoma in her muscle cheeks and Stage II - T2N0M0 in her lower mandibular jaw.

Due to her fragile health they need to admit her 2 days prior to her surgery. She has not been eating solid for quite sometime. We hope and well that she will do well during her post surgery. I will keep all of you posted.

Joyce March 1940 to January 2014
A wife, a mother, grandmother and great grandmother.
She fought oral cancer from late 2009 to Early 2014.
2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.