Since his cells tested + for HPV I would opt for the least agressive Tx (of the 2 mentioned) so I would lean towards the concurrent Cisplatin/rad and would also ask about weekly Cis vs the 3 Big Bag Method. I was also Dx'ed a Stage IV BOT HPV+ SCC but 6 years ago and had the 3 Big Bag method plus rad and believe me I feared the Tx would kill me waaaay more than the cancer. Since studies have proven that HPV+SCC responds better to the conventional Tx (Concurrent Cisplatin and radiation)vs HPV negative SCC I personally think the current Tx protocal is an overkill and puts HPV+ OC patients thru more than need be. That's why I would opt for the lesser of those 2 options given you. Chemo is poison, plane and simple. JM2C's

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.