Okay, turns out I was a little too blase about a lump on my tongue and some bleeding and increasing pain. I've had blocked salivary glands routinely since my surgery and each time my ENT looked or felt those "Lumps", she assured me they were almost always benign and would resolve on their own. Which they always did. I figured I had dinged one with my electric toothbrush last Friday but I had an appointment at the end of the month so figured it' be the same old same old.
But my wife had noticed that my breathing was much louder and my mucous much worse smelling and read me the riot act last night.
Luckily for me, my ENT really likes me so when we called this morning, she skipped her lunch to squeeze us in. (My wife was not going to trust me to tell her if it was something bad right away since my viewpoint is it will never be something I can't handle so why worry her prematurely)
Well my ENT took one look at what was now the size of a small grape or huge pea, dried blood in hardened mucous and said: whatever it is, its infected so Biopsy.
Good thing she has a well equipped office as the lump was not only impossible for me to touch or see, but also for her. But with mirrors and tongue depressors and a wicked long needle with a flexible syringe tip that she bent into a semi circle, she was able to shoot some Novocain to numb me up. Then she used a tool that is actually a special sinus biopsy tool that also curves into a semi circle at the upper part to snip away bloody portions. A few silver nitrate sticks to cauterize the bleeding and I was done.
Biopsy results around Thursday. I'm on Amoxicillin plus TH-K CLV - or super Baby antibiotic (works best with a feeding tube) and Percocet (grind up easy for the tube) for a week.
(damn DEA: now I have to show a driver's license and have it photocopied and stapled to the pharmacist's copy of my prescription as though that would deter a dope addict)

Morale of this story: don't wait a week if you have a bleeding lump on your tongue , see your doctor.
Charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13