Paula
If a button does cause problems, more likely than not it will be a MicKey (Kimberly Clark). My one mickey button burst it's balloon and fell out in three weeks. On all the forums for tubies, the consensus is that there has been major quality issues with the Mickeys compared with AMT mini ones.

I'm sorry to hear all your problems with the PEG. But you are doing a good service here by sharing them. For the longest time, I have been a voice in the wilderness here at OCF about PEGs not being as harmless and safe as touted.
Sad to say, most doctors are clueless on PEG complications. heck many of them can not even measure button length correctly (they forget to both laying down and sitting up) Their treatment of you is shocking. Actually my wife is much better at changing the button than any of my doctors ever was.

Not a big deal, but Frack is not a typo for Frank. It's just that my first choice of "Old F..k" does not meet OCF standards even though George Carlin used it. It's from the reimagined version of Battlestar Galactica and means the same thing in that future fictional world.

Last edited by Charm2017; 08-04-2012 10:46 AM. Reason: typos

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13