So my question for all of you is this. I had only Erbitux and Radiation for my BOT HPV16+ with one lymph node involved. I was not offered surgery (when asked if I should have had surgery 2/3 through treatment my ENT asked me "why would I".

I was not explained the difference between Erbitux and platinum based chemo (just told Erbitux was a good treatment) and when I asked later about it was told it was fine, though I had my concerns.

Now I'm not saying the doctors were bad....I could have been more proactive...but it hit me hard when I was dx and I had to travel 100 miles for tx and I had a wife and 5 kids at home and it just seemed everything was moving fast.

My last tx was January 2012. My first post PET / CT May 7th showed no sign of cancer in my tongue or lymph node, scope and finger exam looked good.

June 6 ENT and Onc. appt (two seperate) both did scope and finger exam and all looked good.

What can or should I do now? I have always been concerned about only having Erbitux and no surgery....please be frank, I have a wife and five kids (ages 2,5,8,11 & 13). 49 years old and in good health before the c dx.

Best,

Tim