Hi, I just got back from my ENT appt. He scoped me and stuck his fingers down my throat (apparently my gag reflex isn't bad). He felt my neck and looked with a light. He said he absolutely saw nothing. I told him whatever he sees he can snip it today. I don't need pain numbing or anything. I'm just so ready to get this figured out. He insisted there was nothing there at all. He said there's nothing to biopsy. I am being scheduled for a CAT scan. He threw out Eagle's syndrome based on the description I gave him. He said the node didn't look enlarged to him but moved to the side a bit. My heartbeat is very prominent in that node. He said he feels like something is pushing it and my carotid artery to the side. He said he should be able to feel a mass (I'm very thin with a bony neck) He tried to calm me and said a cat scan will clearly show Eagle's if that's what it is. The bone pressing on the nerve will be enlarged. If there's a mass, it will show that too. If it doesn't, we'll go to the next step/test. He said we'll press on until we find out what's going on. I'm a little calmer but only by a fraction until I get past the rest of these tests. I have to prep for the scan for 48 hrs prior (contrast allergy) so hopefully the scan will get done next week. He promised he'd get it set up quick because my anxiety is unhealthy. Anyway, waiting is the hardest part. Everyone in this forum is so brave. I hope I can be too.

Thank you all so much for responding. This is the only place I can vent about this. It does help. I'll keep you updated.