Jennie, Im very very sorry your family is going thru this horrible battle again!!! I saw your posts on facebook Late last night, sorry Im not on there as much as here.

I am also a 3 time survivor. I know how dismal the future can look when this happens. There are not very many 3 timers around. What upset me the most when I went thru it was I couldnt think of a single 3 time survivor that I knew. Now I know several that I have met over the last 3 years. Oral cancer patients have a bond since the OC club is a small one, but the recurrence club is an even tighter bond! My 3rd round I went into a 10 hour surgery with a Stage IV diagnosis. My doctors didnt think I would live thru all the complications but somehow I did.

Im hoping your husband has a speedy, painless recovery. It will be a long road but there really is a good life (even if it has limitations) after going thru this 3 times. It will take him a while to bounce back and he could need speech therapy, etc to help get him back on track. He is young and will get thru this, especially with you right by his side. The support of his family will be the motivation he needs to push him to recover. I wish you both all the best with everything the future holds.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma