Hi Keith - love reading the humorous side, that will stand you in good stead. As I said to a good friend before I started RT "If you ever stop joking about my cancer I'll stop dying and drive over to your house and kill you."

Far as I know they want to zap you conclusively to eliminate any microscopic cells that might be floating around in the general area. In my case they did surgery to remove the walnut-sized node and a second malignant node plus all the others in the area first, then I had the radiation.

I was pretty knocked out by the rads and spent the better part of 6 months flat on my back. I was in decent shape... but guys like you and David CPA had me beat. I have a feeling your recovery back to full strength will be quicker.

Keep up the black humor! Or even humour....

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18