Hi, Aimlee.

I am so sorry to learn of your mother's passing. You must be an exceptional person to have been a source of love and support for your mother in all that she has endured. You have endured, as well. I hope that you are able to find some peace and comfort in the coming times. Grieving always takes longer than we want it to. The pain of loss ebbs and flows. I'm having trouble finding the words to comfort you. Just know that we are all here for you. You have come across an amazing group of people here. Please keep coming back.

I'm not sure if it's okay to recommend books here. This is a simple, comforting book about the grieving process. It was written by a nurse and her husband who run a hospice house. A friend of mine gave it to me when I lost my father. I have since pulled it out many times over the last 9 years and you can bet that I pulled it out when I was diagnosed with cancer. It is set up like a children's book, but it is appropriate for all ages. I have given to friends of mine when they have suffered a loss. It doesn't have to be death, either. It can be job loss, divorce, health problems, loss of status, pet loss...basically anything that would cause one to grieve. Here is the link if you like the information. It's also sold at Barnes & Noble in the children's section.

http://www.amazon.com/Tear-Soup-Pat..._1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336444260&sr=8-1

Take care of yourself,
Kerri

37 y/o fem at Dx (23 wks preg @ dx on 3/16/11)
SCC L oral tongue (no risk factors)
L partial gloss/MND 3/28/11 @ 25 wks preg
T1-2N0M0; no rads/chemo
Tonsillectomy on 8/6/12 +SCC L tonsil T2-3N1M0 (HPV-)
Treated with 35 rads/7 carbo & taxol (Rx ended 10/31/12), but many hospitalizations d/t complications from rx.
Various scans since rx ended are NED!
Part of genetic study for rare cancers @ MGH.
44 years old now...I wasn't sure I would make it! Hoping for 40 more!