Oh I don't intend to wait until my next appointment on the 16th to ask for PT. I'm emailing my doc's nurse assistant tonight to ask for it.

With respect to immune issues - let's put it this way... I have not been sick - so much as a cold even - in literally years. My husband has had sinus infections and colds yet I have remained healthy. The last time I was "sick" was over 4 years ago - that's the last time I had a cold. In my own case, I wouldn't buy a lowered immunity. I do feel in my gut that there is a strong link to dental work. Just as I felt in my gut that I should talk to my dentist about my tiny, persistent tongue sore, which turned out to be SCC.

My old dentist's words still ring in my ears - when he put in the original partial crown (which later broke and was the beginning of my cancer story) - he said "this is a relatively new material on the market - supposed to be practically indestructible." Less than a year later, it broke...

Multiple people I've met with SCC have also had no other factors besides some sort of dental work, which went awry.

If there is dental material being used, which can cause oral cancer, I would think that it is vitally important that this be brought to light in order to avoid future suffering... I'm guessing that a lot of those materials aren't tested by creating an irritation on a rat's tongue and then persistently rubbing the irritation with the material contained in these types of dental work...

Let's just say - I am not prepared to just "accept" that cancer appeared out of nowhere in my mouth "just because."

Carpe Diem!!
38, non-smoker, otherwise perfect health. Biopsy: 3/8/2012, SCC Dx Right Underside Tongue: 3/12/2012, Surgery: 4/11/2012 Partial Gloss + Neck Dissection to remove 29 nodes (all clear). No Rads or Chemo req'd. I believe my SCC was caused by product used in dental work.